FELLOWSHIP HOSTS ARE NEEDED – Hosts are needed for our fellowship hour that takes place in the church lounge following worship. Responsibilities include providing light refreshments of cake, cookies, fruit, crackers, cheese, juice, soda and/or anything of a similar nature. (Store bought items are most welcome!) A sign-up is available in the church lounge, or you may contact the church office to request a Sunday. Thank you!
ALLERGY REQUEST FROM SUNSHINE DAY NURSERY-Two children now going to Sunshine Day Nursery have peanut/tree nut allergies. One child is severely allergic meaning that her allergy can be triggered simply by touching a common surface that has peanut/tree nut debris or oil (such as a toilet handle, door handle, or railing). To help prevent triggering a severe reaction in these children, please use caution in the Christian Ed Building including washing hands before entering building.
ADULT CHOIR REHEARSALS WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAYS AT 7 PM AT THE CHURCH. New members are always welcome, even novices who are willing to learn. Justan is a great teacher and has some exciting plans for our music program.
CHILDREN AND WORSHIP AND GODLY PLAY PROGRAMS-Thanks to the hard work of many, both these programs have met with much success. To continue them, we are in need of volunteers willing to be trained to serve as assistants and/or leaders. If you are willing and able to help, please contact the church office. Thank you.
GRC GENERAL FUND AS OF January 31, 2024: ()-Indicates Deficit. General Fund Income-$31,504.00 General Fund Expenses- $26,186.00; General Fund Net-$5,318.00; Budget estimate at this point: ($5,129.00). Year-To-Date Average Worship Attendance-59. Thanks to you, we continue our trend of beating our budget prediction. Thank you!!!
ESTIMATED GIVING CARDS FOR 2024. Your commitment to our church’s ministry is much appreciated. For those of you who have not yet had a chance to fill out a card, we would be deeply grateful if you would consider doing so. It helps us to make estimates of what we can and/or cannot fund next year. Extra cards can be found on the glass cabinet in the lobby of the church’s sanctuary or by contacting the church office. You may mail them in or deposit them in the offering plate on Sunday mornings. As of January 3, 2024, we have collected 49 cards (representing 69% of our church’s 71 family member units) totaling a commitment of $132,575 for the General Fund and $14,450 for the Mission Fund. Our goal is for 100% of our church family to participate in our 2024 estimated giving campaign. We would be so very grateful for your help. Thank you! WE’VE BREACHED THE HALFWAY MARK! A LITTLE OVER HALF OF OUR CONGREGATION HAS SUBMITTED AN ESTIMATED GIVING CARD. IF YOU HAVEN’T SUBMITTED YOURS YET, WE’D BE SO GRATEFUL IF YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING SO. THANKS!
THANK YOU! Thank you so very much for your ongoing support of our congregation and its ministry. Thanks to you, our financial health and ministry continues to remain strong throughout these difficult days.
Hannaford Card Replenishment Due Date: March 3, 2024.
HANNAFORD GIFT CARD FUNDRAISER: Did you know that you can help Greenbush Reformed Church raise money whenever you shop at Hannaford? All you need to do is purchase a $50 Hannaford gift card from the church (contact the church Secretary). Once you have a card, you can periodically refill it through GRC. When you purchase or refill a card, Hannaford will give our church 5% of the amount purchased (if you purchase a $50 card, the church gets $2.50).
REFILLING YOUR CARD:
• When you purchase your card, please let us know if you plan to refill the card in the future so that we can record your name and sixteen-digit card number.
• By the first Sunday of each month, submit a check payable to “Greenbush Reformed Church”. In the memo of the check, indicate that it is for “Hannaford” and provide the last four digits of your card number. Order due dates are printed in the weekly announcements and bulletin as a reminder.
• You can place the check in the offering plate or mail it to the church (make sure to allow enough time to reach us by the refill due date). Once the funds are available on your card, we will notify you by e-mail. Refills are generally processed on Monday once the weekly offering has been processed by the counting team.
• You can refill the card with any amount up to a maximum balance of $500. Please make sure that your balance will not exceed $500 when deciding how much to add to the card.
• If your card has a zero balance for more than 30 days it will no longer be active and you will need to get a new card. If your card will no longer scan at the store, please contact Betsy Darrow or Lynne Morse to get a new card.
• REMEMBER: DO NOT REFILL YOUR CARD THROUGH HANNAFORD. WE ONLY GET THE DISCOUNT IF YOU REFILL THE CARD THROUGH GRC! Thank you for supporting this fundraising event and for supporting GRC!
PATCHWORK PLUS – meets the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 10 am in the church lounge. You don’t need to know how to quilt to come. Please bring a lunch and enjoy the fellowship and our devotional quilt stories. If the weather and roads are bad, we will not meet. For more information or wish to purchase a quilt that is displayed in the church lounge, contact the church office.
CAN PULL TABS FOR RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE: GRC will once again be collecting can pull tabs for donation to the Ronald McDonald House. These tabs are recycled by the organization to raise funds for their work. Additional information can be found at: https://rmhcofalbany.org/getinvolved/pull-together/. The tabs may be placed in the basket on the glass cabinet in the Narthex of the sanctuary. Special thanks to Steve Lazzaro for volunteering to take the tabs to them.